Kitty's book latest book is out! More Rules For Life!
Kitty and Dave taste tested a biscuit and a chip with something in common - 'tastes like chicken...'
The two contenders in this celebration of chicken, fried and roasted, were...
Also this episode - spoilers ahead...
- Kitty's Blind Test
- NEW SEGMENTS!
To the chicken-y snacks!
1. Woolies say Tyrrell's Sunday best roast chicken thick kettle "crisps" are reminiscent of the "intoxicating aroma of a chicken slow-roasting in the oven."
KITTY: "Wow, that was roast chicken from the minute I put it in my mouth."
DAVE: "You can taste the thyme, and the herbs and the spices."
KITTY: "Mmm... That really tastes like Sunday's best roast chicken. It's almost too real, I almost miss the artificial chicken flavour that I'm used to.
DAVE: "It's an authentic flavour of real chicken..."
KITTY: "It should come with a wishbone in the packet. There's lemon in there, too."
DAVE: "It's beautiful. I liked it a lot."
2. According to delicious. magazine's Erina Starkey, Arnott's fried chicken Shapes are a "solid back-up" to good old Chicken in a Biskit crackers.
KITTY: "Wow! I just got punched in the face with flavour! Woo!"
DAVE: "That's like eating the KFC skin... They've outdone themselves in the lab; they're incredible."
VERDICT: Both the chips and the Shapes got The Junkees' tick of approval!
As Dave said, "just get some."
Kitty brought along a favourite brand, the Boulder Canyon thin and crispy chips.
This time, she got Dave to try the cheddar and sour cream flavour, and thought he'd easily guess the combo... Which he did!
DAVE: "It's cheese... Oh, gee, it's a bit sour... They do taste like sour cream."
KITTY: "They're unusual, but I don't mind them."
1. "You talked, we listened!"
The brand's site describes the product as "five rows of Pic's Smooth Peanut Butter filling, and five rows of boysenberry jelly filling, encased in 33 per cent cocoa milk chocolate."
KITTY: "I like the jelly one, it's a bit Turkish Delight-y.
DAVE: "Ooh, yum!"
KITTY: "I think they work together. On its own, I don't really love that peanut butter thing, but mixed with the jelly, it's quite good."
DAVE: "I don't mind the jelly. Maybe it's the togetherness that makes it."
2. Freak of the Week!
Kitty brought in a 'freak of the week' treat with "scroggin" vibes that just simply made her laugh; the Fair Dinkum Easy Rider Cheesy Nut Mix.
From Sesh Snacks, they include "soya crisps and cheesy cashews, smashed together with corn tubes and even more cheese."
KITTY: "They're like tiny, mini Cheezels... and cheesy nuts."
DAVE: "I would avoid the Sesh."
Enjoying the podcast? Show you support!
Since 2017 we've been producing fantastic and free podcasts. We've minimised any advertising to make the listening experience as best as possible.
As the number of shows we publish has grown, so have the costs.
Show your support for this and other Nearly Media shows in any of the following ways.
- DONE! Subscribe to nearly.com.au
- Share the show or this article on your social media account. Easy to do! Let your friends and family know what they're missing out on.
- Subscribe to nearly.com.au for $3 AUD a month. All articles - episodes and anything else we can get you. All while knowing there's a great amount of appreciation coming from us to you. Only $1.05 a month - 65% OFF - for the first 6 months!
- Listen on Apple Podcasts? Subscribe to the Nearly Media channel for $3.99 (depending on your country). Get ad-free eps, early release where possible. If you email us we'll also add you as a PAID member on nearly.com.au