This feels sweet, salty and familiar.
What we've been eating over summer
- Cadbury Twirl Breakaway mint flavour, surprisingly spritely combo.
- Berri Quelch Fruit Sticks, ice blocks without the fun colours like blue or purple.
- Bulla Choc Tops, individually wrapped and very good.
- Salt and vinegar chips, in general. Dave's son has been eating them lately.
- Tyrrells Cheese and Chives, one of the more popular Tyrrells.
- Kettle Chunky Himalaya Salt flavour, another surprise inclusion from Kitty.
- M&Ms, not the browny M&Ms. Original or peanut only around here.
Blind Test Abound!
This episode was recorded at The Grandview Hotel in Fairfield.
You'll hear some inconsistencies when Dave and Kitty take off to not hear what the blind test is.
Not quite like the studio but the soft pub carpet really helps with the acoustics.
Dave's blind test #1
Kitty's blind test #1
Dave's blind test #2
Kitty's blind test #2
It's well known that at the chemist counter you can get your snack fix with some jelly beans. They seem healthier because they're at the chemist.
Now the same people, Glucojel, who do the beans are doing bears.
Since the show would come out on Easter Sunday there's little time to get to the shops and pick out what's been sampled.
So we're going one better. One week better.
Not really upping the game too much just getting the timing right for everyone.
It's good to be back.
Check out the Junkees Crowd-Sauce project!
With help from you, we're compiling all the 300+ products and reactions from The Junkees in one big article. And some others. We'll see how we go.
You can get involved, or just have a poke around, by check out Help Crowd-Sauce The Junkees!
We're adding to it all the time and will soon make the big (likely a little incomplete) list public.